Friday, January 15, 2010

Did I Say I Was Going To Fix Virginia's Roads? What I Meant Was "Later"

We could've sworn that Bob McDonnell campaigned for governor on a platform that included fixing Virginia's roads a number one priority. He certainly savaged his opponent, Creigh Deeds, for not having a specific plan on transportation.

Well, surprise, surprise. Now McDonnell says the doesn't plan on addressing roads in the 2010 legislative session that is just getting underway. "There are only so many things the General Assembly and I can do well in a short period of time," the new Governor announced yesterday.

And transportation ain't one of 'em.

So much for that "plan" of his. So much for making transportation a priority. So much for you sucka's from Northern Virginia who bought his line of crap.

We're sure NEXT year the general assembly will have nothing better to do. Surely the Guv will get it done then, right.

Oh, and by the way Mr. McD.--tolls are taxes. If you impose tolls on I-95 and I-81, you're raising taxes. Only you're doing it in an expensive and inefficient way that will further slow down everyone in the state.

No comments: